Tuesday, September 15, 2009

SWINE FLU . . .

I don't know if the Swine Flu is discussed much at home, but I'm sure it is.  I read the Courier-Journal, so I know there was a death in Oldham County.  But I haven't really seen a whole lot about it, unless I just missed it.  Here, they talk about it ALL the time.  We went to Jason's Back to School night, and his teacher told us that all of the kids will need a computer.  She said WHEN they close school, and it's not IF, but WHEN, they will have virtual school.  There have already been about 15-20 schools closed in Hong Kong, Beijing, and Taiwan.  Scary!

They started a new procedure at school last week.  Every morning we have to take the kids' temperature and put them on a card with our initials.  If they don't have the cards, then they have to have their temperature taken before they can walk in the building.  And when we go to pick them up, we have to either have our cards or have our temperature taken before we can go on campus.  It's kind of a pain, but it definitely makes sense.  The more careful you are, the better.  It's just weird to hear it talked about and worried about all of the time.  A lot of people walk around wearing masks.  That's a weird sight!  But it's something I'm getting used to, and it really doesn't faze me anymore.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not!

Anyway, I hope everyone is safe and sound at home.  We're all safe here, although I freaked out yesterday when Sarah was running a fever.  But she's not running one today, so that's good.  She still doesn't feel well, and she's crabby, but no fever.  THANK YOU GOD!

No comments: