Wednesday, September 16, 2009

JASON'S BLOG . . .

Okay, so I told you a few days ago that Jason has to keep a blog for school.  I thought I'd post them here so you can see what's going through his 10 year old mind.  Lucky you!  Just to give you some background.  He has to write a small synopsis of the book that he is currently reading, and then he has to ask a few questions and tie it into his life.  So here you go:

In The Lightning Thief, strange things have been happening to Percy Jackson during his sixth grade year. They all started happening after his Math teacher was vaporized: He fought a Minotaur, he found out his best friend was a Satyr, and his mom disappeared. Now Percy has only 10 days to find Zeus’ master lightning bolt, save himself from being hurt, help the gods figure out who really stole the lightning bolt, and help them fight the all evil powerful Kronos.



I think that Percy is a caring kid because when he and his mom were in danger, he didn’t want to leave her just to save himself. I also think that he is brave because he fought a Minotaur and didn’t back down. And he wasn’t scared when his Math teacher turned into an animal and tried to attack him. I think Grover is a little scared because when his boss wanted to have a talk with him for not protecting Percy, he didn’t feel very comfortable about talking to him. He is also very dedicated to protecting Percy and not letting him out of his sight.


My favorite part of the book was when Percy was riding on the Minotaur’s back and he threw him off and his horn ripped off and Percy stabbed him. I liked this part because I think it’s cool that he can ride on his back and not fall off when he is running into trees. And I like how the horn ripped off when he was flown off, because it shows that he is very strong and that he is mad at him for making his mother disappear.


While I was reading this book, I got confused when the book said that Chiron was a Centaur. I thought he was just a regular Latin Teacher. It makes me wonder if any of my teachers are Centaurs!

When Percy got to Camp Half-Blood and thought everything was very new and amazing, it reminded me of when I first arrived in Shanghai and I had the same thoughts and feelings.


While I was reading, I wondered when Percy was being beaten up in the bathroom, how did all of the water shoot up out of the toilets and hit everyone except him? I now know the answer, but I’m not going to tell you, because you need to read the book to find out!


Rick Riordan is also the author of another book I like called The 39 Clues. He was born in Texas and was a teacher in San Antonio and California for 15 years. He currently lives in San Antonio with his wife and two sons.

No comments: