Saturday, September 12, 2009

9/11

I didn't post this on 9/11.  Things have been pretty hectic around here and I've had connection issues with my computer.  Anyway, I thought a lot about it that day, as I'm sure we all did.  I remember exactly where I was when it happened.  I was taking Jason to preschool and listening to Bob and Tom.  They were talking about it on their show, and I remember thinking that it wasn't a very funny topic.  Then they came on and said it wasn't a joke and if you were at home you needed to turn off the radio and turn on the TV.  I walked into Jason's school and everyone was talking about it.  What a weird day that was.  What a sad day that was.

But I also remember the good things that came out of it.  I remember people being extra friendly to each other.  I remember people not honking when someone pulled out in front of them.  I remember people LETTING people pull out in front of them.  I remember people looking other people in the eye and saying HI.  I remember people holding hands and saying prayers for the non-survivors AND the survivors.  I remember watching the news and praying they would find more survivors.  I remember the bravery of the passengers on that fateful flight and how their courage saved many more people.  I remember the brave Firefighters, Police Officers, and EMT's risking their lives to save others.  I remember thanking God every day for my wonderful family and friends. 

And I remember being PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.  And I still am!

By the way, just because we're away from home, doesn't mean we didn't talk about it.  The kids even talked about it in school that day.  It's a tragedy that will be in our hearts and our minds for many years to come, no matter where we are, or what we're doing.

No comments: