Saturday, March 5, 2011

30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE - DAY 4 . . .

I haven't gone to bed yet, so technically this still counts as day 4!  ;)

Day 4 :  Your Parents

My parents are AWESOME!!! 

My Mom is Eileen.  She has been in Real Estate since I was about 8 years old.  She's an AMAZING Realtor.  Probably the best you'll ever meet.  While I was growing up she was doing it all on her own and she was a Top Producer for many, many years.  She's still very good at it, but now her major priority is her grand kids!  She brought me into Real Estate and we worked together for a few years.  Then I went to a different company.  We started working together again, including my dad, about 10 years ago, and it's worked out really well for all of us.

She's a wonderful friend, the BEST Mom and Grandma, and she loves her family very, very much.  There is nothing she wouldn't do for my brother and I.  And now that she has grand kids, there's nothing she wouldn't do for them.  She's always been there for me, and she's always stood up for me.  She's always let me know that I'm perfect just the way I am and even though there are a lot of things about me that I would change, she still loves me.  I would like to think she's taught me how to be a good Mom to my kids.  I hope when I grow up, my kids love and respect me as much as I love and respect MY mom.
My dad is Mike - Michael.  I was named after him.  My dad worked at Sears while I was growing up.  He retired the year I got married.  That's when he started working with my mom in real estate.  We've all been working together for about 10 years now.  My dad always says he's the assistant!  ;)

My dad is the best dad in the world.  He's funny.  He LOVES University of Kentucky Basketball.  Like, he's OBSESSED with it!  He won't show houses on UK basketball days.  Those days are left up to me.  And while I'm a UK fan too, I don't have the same obsession, so that's okay with me.  He's amazing with my kids, and of course they adore him.  And just like my mom, there's nothing he wouldn't do for us or the kids.  One thing I've never doubted, is that I KNOW my dad loves me.  I've always known that, and I've never questioned it. 

Don't you wish you were lucky enough to have parents like mine?!?!?!  ;)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Yes, I do. You are blessed.