Tuesday, June 8, 2010

CONFIRMATION . . .

I LOVE being a Mom.  It's the best job I've ever had.  There are some days though, that we wonder, as a parent, if we are doing a good job.  Are we doing EVERYTHING we can for our children?  Are we teaching them the IMPORTANT things that they will need as they get older?  Are we teaching them the best way to deal with people?  Are we teaching them to be loving, caring, kind, open-minded, strong individuals? 

Today I got a little bit of confirmation that maybe, just maybe, I'm doing some things right.  Andrew has 2 best friends from school.  The three of them are inseparable.  Donoven is African-American, Michael is Chinese, and of course Andrew is Caucasian.  We call them The Three Musketeers.  Jason, Andrew and I were talking this morning about Michael being Chinese.  Andrew said, "Michael's Chinese?!"  He totally doesn't see him that way.  He just sees him as Michael. 

I'm so glad my boys look at the whole person, and not the color, nationality or creed.  I feel very blessed to have such wonderful and open minded children.  And today, if only for today, I feel like I am doing the right thing, making the right decisions, and teaching my children what is REALLY important in life.

 The Three Musketeers
Michael, Donoven, and Andrew
They kept moving so it was hard to get a good picture.
We tried to get them to act normal.  For them, this IS normal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.