Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DAY 16 - LIVING THE DREAM!

Dream House

You'd think being in Real Estate, I would know exactly what I want in my dream house.  But honestly, I'm happy where we are, so I guess it's really never been an issue.  But now that I'm thinking about it, I definitely have some ideas.  ;)

First of all, because I'm lazy as all get out, I'd want a very large ranch style house.  A ranch, because I'm lazy and don't want to have to walk up and down the stairs.  

I would want 5 bedrooms. NO, I'm not planning on having another child, I would just like to have a bedroom for all of us, plus an office for me.  When we bought this house, we didn't have Sarah, so I had an office.  Then she came along, SURPRISE!, and my office became her bedroom.  So yeah, I'd like to have an extra room for my office.  

I'd want a large kitchen, maybe even bigger than what we have now, with lots and lots of cabinet space and drawers.  I never seem to have enough places to put things.  (Of course that could be because I'm the most unorganized person you'll ever meet)!

I'd want a large great room, larger than what we have now, with built in surround sound.  I'd also want a separate living room and dining room.  I know they won't be used very often, but it would still be nice to have them. 

I'd also want a full walk-out basement, finished of course, with one room for the kids playroom, and a large entertainment area that would hold a pool table and also leave room for a large media center with a big screen TV and surround sound.

I'd want an inground pool in the large backyard for the kids to go swimming.  A large deck with a hot tub.

I'd want a 3-4 car garage, because everyone knows that a 2 car garage doesn't really hold 2 cars.  I want a garage large enough to hold both of our cars, plus all of our other junk that we have in the garage.

Oh, and if I was rich enough to have a house like this, I'd of course have a maid to take care of it! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a nice house. Hope you win the lottery ;)