Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DAY 15 - BIBLE VERSES . . .

Bible Verse

You all know by now that I'm not a church goer, sorry Mom and Dad, but I DO believe in God, and I do have a bible verse that always makes me feel better when I read it.  I actually have two favorite verses.  They've been my favorites for as long as I can remember, and both of them were used in our wedding.  


1 Corinthians 13

 

 1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 910 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

A Time for Everything
 1 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:

 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace. 


I can't tell you why they're my favorites, because I really don't know.  I just know that they make me smile when I read or hear them, and they are the ones I always search for when I open a bible.

Do YOU have any favorites?  If so, what are they, and why?

1 comment:

Missy said...

These are good ones! I like the Entire book of Ecc. and Col.