Thursday, March 10, 2011

30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE - DAY 10 . . .

Something You're Afraid Of

This one's easy.  My biggest fear is that something will happen to my kids.  And that scares the CRAP out of me.  There was a death at my son's school over Christmas break.  She was only 8 years old, and she was in the same grade as Andrew.  She was on the way to her grandmother's when she and her parents were hit by a drunk driver.  How heartbreaking!  As a parent, you just assume that your kids will outlive you.  However, I've known way too many parents that have lost a child.  And I can't even imagine the heartbreak that must cause.  

You try the best you can to protect them, but unfortunately you can't protect them from everything.  No matter how hard you try.  

So yeah, I'm afraid of spiders, and scary movies, and haunted houses, and roller coasters, and lots of other things.  But none of those other things scare me NEARLY as much as the thought of something happening to my kids. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't imagine anything happening to one of my kids. That is a scary thought.

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm just a stepmom, not a real mom, but my fear that something will happen to my mom or my husband is really overwhelming sometimes...so I can only imagine how much more terrifying it would be for a mom.