Monday, October 5, 2009

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL . . .

Some of you know that Ryan is a big Minnesota Vikings fan.  We are leaving shortly to go watch them play Monday Night Football.  Although since it's Tuesday morning here, I guess we won't be able to have beer and wings while watching it.  That kind of takes some of the fun out of it, but at least we'll get to watch it.  And since we have someone to watch the kids, we'll get to watch it by ourselves.  This is the first time we've gotten to go anywhere by ourselves since we've been here.  

After the game we're going to go to the train station underground.  That's where they have the fake goods and cheap items.  It's where I got Sarah Beth's dress that I showed you earlier.  Of course you have to do a lot of bargaining.  When I first looked at her dress the guy wanted 250 RMB for it, which is about 35 USD.  To find the cost of something, you take the RMB and divide it by 7.  That'll tell you how much it is in the US.  Anyway, he started at 250, and I got it for 65 or 70 RMB.  Bargaining is a must.  Actually, I probably didn't bargain enough.  I was told by someone from here, that the dress was  probably worth about 50 RMB.  Oh well, now I know better.  I'll be better prepared for today.  Plus, I'll finally get to start my Christmas shopping.  Usually, by this time I'm completely finished with everyone except for the kids.  This year, I haven't even started.  I'm slacking!

I'll let you know what I find when we get back.  

Go Vikings!  My hubby will be in a much better mood to go shopping with me if they win!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Vikings...watched the game with thoughts of you guys. Love to all, Toodles