Friday, October 16, 2009

HOMECOMING . . .

This weekend is Homecoming weekend at EKU - Eastern Kentucky University.  It will be the 2nd Homecoming I've ever missed.  The 1st was for my wedding. This is a sentimental weekend for me.  I'm going to miss an event that I look forward to every year.  The kids love going too.  And even Ryan has accepted the fact that we'll be going every year, and although he'll never admit it to me, I think he even enjoys himself while we're there. 

It's the one time of the year that we make the time to be there.  My college roommate, Sandy, and her family go every year also.  We only live 90 minutes from each other, yet Homecoming is the only time we know for sure we'll see each other.  Except for this year.  This year they're not going either.  While it makes it easier for me to miss it, it's still a very sad occasion.  A yearly ritual.  We've been 12 years in a row.  Until now.  Hopefully we'll be able to make the next 12.  I'm going to miss you guys terribly.  But I keep telling myself that next year's Homecoming will be even better.  And it will be.  But it's still a year away. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Bummer! Maybe you guys can have a little get together with some of you acquaintances there in China...maybe make some food you'd normally have at the homecoming if you were here. Just a little something to help you get over being homesick about the event:)

Ruby