Thursday, February 9, 2012

WISHING I COULD BE HONEST . . .

Sometimes I wish no one knew about my blog.  Why?  Because many times I've started a post and not finished it because I'm worried about who's going to read it and if I am going to hurt someone's feelings.  If no one KNEW about it, then I could write to my heart's content, and not worry about someone getting offended, or holding something I've said against me, or thinking I'm a bad person for feeling a certain way.  

I mean, they're MY FEELINGS.  Not yours or anyone else's.  Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't make them wrong.  And it doesn't mean I should FEEL bad for feeling that way. 

You see, if no one that knows me read my blog, then I could FINISH a lot of the posts that I've started.  I've started some about my hubby, my kids, my family, my in-laws, my friends.  Not mean and nasty, mind you, I'm not really a mean and nasty kind of person, but HONEST posts about getting my feelings hurt, or getting upset, or feeling inadequate.  THOSE kind of posts.  The kind of posts that other people CAN write about, because no one really knows them.  I want to be THAT person. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Maybe....

What you need is a 2nd blog that no one in real life knows you. I am glad that no one in my real world knows or reads my blog. If they did, I don't know that I'd be able to be as honest with it. I'd be afraid of what they'd think or say....

If I recall right, you started this one as a way to keep up with people in your real world while you were over-seas. That purpose has been served and is done. However, if you start a new one -please take me along for the ride. :)

Good luck!