Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mom's Surgery . . .

My mom is in surgery right now.  It's not a major surgery, but it's still a surgery.  One that she only told me about once, and didn't really make a big deal out of it.  So I didn't go to the hospital.  I ALWAYS go to the hospital when she has a surgery, no matter what it's for.  But this one was on the other side of the bridge and it started at 8:00 am.  And my last kid doesn't leave for school until 9:25, so I honestly thought it would be over by the time I even made it out the door.  

It's out patient surgery, and I didn't think it would take that long.  But it took 2 hours.  She just got out a few minutes ago.  As a matter of fact, she was still in surgery, when I started this post, so that tells you how long it's been since she's been out! 

And now I'm sitting here feeling guilty because I didn't go.  Of course, she would have been OUT by the time I got there, but I still feel like I should have gone.  But at least she's out now, and I just talked to my dad and he said she's doing fine she's just fading in and out as the Anesthesia wears off.  They did tell her she can't get in the water for 10 days.  Y'all, she goes to water aerobics 5-6 times a WEEK!  She is NOT going to be a happy camper.  I'm just glad I wasn't the one that had to tell her that!  :)

No comments: