Sunday, August 30, 2009

PACKAGE . . .

We got a package from home today. Thanks to Carol who mailed it, and Mom and Dad who put it together. We got Jason's tennis shoes, Andrew's dress shoes, Splenda, Instant Oatmeal, Hot Chocolate, and MS. DASH!!!! What kind of sad commentary is that about me that I get so excited about Ms. Dash?!?!?! I must be pitiful! I've looked everywhere around here, and you can't find it anywhere. And I use it in EVERYTHING. So Mom and Dad picked mine up from home and had it sent it to me. Yea! And Andrew was SO excited about the instant oatmeal. He eats oatmeal for breakfast almost every morning, but they don't have instant oatmeal here, Cinnamon Roll flavor, so he hasn't been that thrilled with it. He can't wait to have it for breakfast tomorrow.

It's funny, the things we take for granted. The things that I use the most at home, you can't find here. And if you are lucky enough to find them, they're usually very expensive. Things like Macaroni and Cheese, Velveeta Cheese, Ms. Dash, Instant Oatmeal, Microwave Porcorn, Kool-Aid, Tea, Splenda, Jif Peanut Butter. I was planning on bringing back a big suitcase after Christmas filled with all of those things, but Ryan said you can't bring food through Customs. So I'm thinking I'll just ship a box to myself before we leave, and then when we get home, we'll get a package with everything in it that we've been missing. Sounds like a good idea to me!

No comments: