Saturday, August 29, 2009

FAMILY FUN BBQ . . .

Today was the Family Fun BBQ at the boys' school. They had food from lots of local restaurants, and then they had Inflatables and things for the kids to do. It was nice. Jason's teacher came over and talked to me while we were there. She wanted to know how we were all doing, which I thought was very nice. I told her we were all doing fine and that the kids are adjusting really well. I'm really proud of how well they're doing. Then she asked me how I was "really" doing. She said she'd been in my position before, and she remembers what it's like. She told me to come to her classroom anytime after school if I needed to talk about what's going on. I really appreciated that. It made me realize that it's okay to have bad days and that someone understands what it's like. I just might take her up on that offer!

Then we talked about Jason. I told her he seemed to be doing pretty well. He's had homework every night, and he hasn't complained about it or anything. I told her that I requested Jason's teacher at home, when I thought we were still going to BE home, and that I picked the teacher that I thought would be the hardest teacher. She said that was good, because he DID get the hardest 5th grade teacher at Concordia! Her class is very fast paced and she expects a lot out of her students. We talked about Jason's tendency to get side tracked and to daydream. She's caught him doing it a few times and she has to bring him back to reality. The main time he has problems is during something called DOL where they are supposed to look at the board and answer the questions up there. She wants to start printing them out for him so that he can just look down and not have to look up, because that's when he starts to get distracted. She's going to start that this week. Hopefully, it'll help. I guess he must be more like his mother than I thought!


This was taken at the end of the BBQ.  Sarah Beth was *really* enjoying her sucker!

No comments: