Thursday, August 20, 2009

OPEN HOUSE . . .

Today was Open House at the boys' school. We met both of their teachers and then we took a tour of the buildings. All in all it was a very nice day. Both of their teachers seem very nice, although I still think it's going to be harder than either one of them realize. We were talking to a few of the student ambassadors that were showing us around, and they were telling us that Jason will probably have 1-1 1/2 hours of homework every night. He's definitely not used to that! I still think they're ready for school to start though. They might be ready for it to be over once it starts, but right now, they're ready!

I know I'm ready. I think once school starts it'll be easier for me to meet people as well. Everyone at Concordia is extremely nice. I must have a "deer in the headlights" look everytime I come in, because everyone is always going out of their way to introduce themselves to me and find out how we're doing. The Director told me it's different than anything we've ever experienced because everyone there has been in our position before and they all remember what it feels like. I sure hope she's right.

No comments: