Monday, January 10, 2011

JACK'S VISIT . . .

I know I uploaded a lot of pictures while we were in China, but there were A LOT I took that didn't get uploaded. That's because we had to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to connect to Facebook or the blog. Gotta love the Great Firewall of China! :) Because we were connecting through the VPN, it took FOR EV ER to load them. So I didn't load as many as I could have. So I thought I'd load some of them now and tell you what was going on during that time.

As many of you know Ryan's Grandpa came and stayed with us for 2 weeks in February and my parents came and stayed with us for 3 weeks in April/May. We had a GREAT time with both visits. It was so nice to be able to share our life with them. They were able to see what we do every day, and to see that where we were was safe and we were experiencing new things. And they got to experience them too.
 
 
I'm going to start with Jack's visit.
 
This is the monorail that is in the Detroit airport.

I believe he said this was taken over Siberia. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?!?

Only Ryan and Sarah Beth went to the airport to pick him up.

Grandpa and Sarah Beth at the Pudong airport.

This is looking outside the FRONT of our apartment.

This is out the BACK of our apartment.

It was Chinese New Year when Jack was there. The kids were out of school for the week. This is taken at a place called Yu Yuan. There is a lot of cheap shopping there. There is also a famous Tea House. I'll show you pictures of that later. Last year was the The Year of the Tiger. So there was Tiger stuff everywhere we went. It was VERY cold, and yet there were people every where around us.  It's crazy the amount of people in Shanghai!

Jason, Ryan and Sarah Beth in their winter coats wondering what the heck we're doing there!  And believe me they conveyed their displeasure more than once!

The Year of the Tiger

That's the Tea House in the background.  Look at all the people!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing more pictures!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell said...

Wow, what an experience!