Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Five Reasons I'M Ready For The Elections To Be Over . . .

1.  ALL OF THE POLITICAL ADS THAT ARE ON EVERY 2 SECONDS.  I am SO sick of those STUPID ads, I can’t even tell you.  Every time I turn on the television there’s a different ad.  Which, by the way, I either mute or just turn off completely.  Did I mention I’m SICK of them?

2.  ELECTION NEWS TRUMPS EVERY OTHER TYPE OF NEWS.  Stock market crashed?  Let’s talk about how it’s related to the election.  Gas prices down?  That’s related to the election, of course.  Michelle can’t get her flippin’ car fixed?  Well that’s OBVIOUSLY Obama’s fault!  Now she stubbed her big toe?  Well surely THAT must be Romney’s fault!  Seriously?  Not EVERYTHING has to do with the candidates.  Stop talking about them in relation to EVERY SINGLE TOPIC!

3.  I’M TIRED OF ALL OF THE NEGATIVITY.  I’ve spent the last 13+ years trying to teach my children, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”  They’re 13, 10, and 5.  And they’ve pretty much gotten it down.  If THEY can do it, why can’t all of these adults figure it out?  Instead of telling us WHY we should vote for them, they’re too busy telling us why we SHOULDN’T vote for the other guy.  And I, for one, am tired of it!

4.  ALL THE POLITICAL POSTS ON FACEBOOK.  Admittedly, I’m “friends” with some people on Facebook that I don’t know really well; we all are.  But I am also friends with people that I am ACTUALLY friends with and know very well.  And most of my friends I like very much.  But if I see one more political post, I think I’m going to lose what’s left of my mind.  Here’s a hint:  You are NOT going to change my opinion on who I am voting for by telling me why my choice is wrong.  The only opinion you’re really affecting is my opinion of YOU, if you keep spending all your time telling me why MY opinion is wrong.  Just sayin’!

5.  RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.  I watched a little of the debates.  But I could only watch them for a few minutes at a time because I kept getting angrier and angrier with every minute.  I can’t get over how RUDE they were to each other.  BOTH CANDIDATES.  It seems like they were vying to see who could be the rudest!  UN-FREAKIN’-BELIEVABLE!  If my kids talked like that to other people, they’d be grounded for weeks!  And yet, here we have these supposed adults, talking like that on national television for millions of people to hear.  And they don’t seem to think there’s anything wrong with it.  Are you KIDDING me?!  How can you talk like that and not see it as a problem?  I guarantee you if their KIDS were caught talking like that, they’d have a problem with it!  And yet, for them, it’s okay.  Yeah, THAT’S the kind of person we need running our country!

No comments: