Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jason . . .

I realize as I've looked over my previous posts, that I haven't written much about Jason.  Jason is my oldest.  He's 13, and he's in 8th grade.  And he's the quietest of my 3 children.  He's always been the quietest.  But now that he's a teenager, he's even quieter.  And that scares me.  A LOT.  I remember what it's like to be a teenager.  It sucks!  Your body is changing in ways you didn't even know it could change.  Your hormones are racing.  Acne sets in.  Insecurity usually sets in.  You start worrying more about what other people think of you.  You want to spend less time with your family, and more time with your friends.  You want to spend more time by yourself.  You want to try new things.  You're too old for some things, but yet still too young for others.  Did I mention, it sucks?!

Andrew has ALWAYS talked to me.  And I'm hoping he keeps it up.  Jason DOES talk to me, but not as much as I'd like him to, and not as much as Andrew does.  I want to know what's going on in his head.  What's he thinking about?  What does he want to be doing?  Does he wish he was somewhere else?  Does he wish he was SOMEONE else?  I talked to him in the car this morning on the way to school, of course *I* was the one doing all of the talking, I think he might have still been asleep!  :)  I asked him, "You know you can talk to me about anything, don't you?"  He told me he did.  But I'm not so sure.  I told him that he can talk to me about anything.  I told him I might not always agree with him, but I'll always listen and be open minded to what he has to say.  Not sure I got through to him, but I sure hope I did.

Jason is my creative child.  He LOVES music.  He plays the Oboe and Percussion, and he's taught himself to play the guitar.  He has also started writing songs.  And he's pretty good too, although I might be a LITTLE bit biased!  ;)  This year he joined the Drama Club.  They are doing "Aladdin Jr".  He tried out for the part of Aladdin.  I REALLY hope he gets it.  It would be cool to see him in that role.  Whether he gets the part of Aladdin or not, he'll have SOME role on stage, but I'd like to see him as Aladdin.  He had to sing for his audition.  He says he thinks he did pretty well.  They will post the parts on Monday or Tuesday of next week, so we'll see. 

Here's Jason's latest song that he wrote:

 So what do you think?  Am I just biased, or is there a little bit of talent there?!  ;)

No comments: