Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year . . . .

Looking back, I see that I didn't write much last year.  And that's a shame.  Mainly, because I love to write and it almost always makes me feel better when I do.  So I'm going to start the year following these prompts, and see how well I do.  I found the first month of ideas HERE

Day 1:  What are your 2014 goals? Blogging, relationships, financial, fitness or any other goals you have.

Good one for the first day of the year!  :)

My 2014 Goals:

Blogging:  Write more.  More frequently.  More honestly.  More open.  Less guarded.  Less scared of what others will think about WHAT I write.  Less self-conscious.

Relationships:  Focus more on my family.  Be there.  In the present.  Stop worrying about the future.  There IS no future without the present.

Financial:  Make more in Real Estate than I did last year.  Substitute teach more.  MY salary needs to pay for our Disney World trip.  It HAS to.  Because we ARE going to go this year, and we need ME to make the money to do it.

Fitness:  My brother has lost about 100 pounds.  100 pounds.  I am SO proud of him.  I need to do the same.  But I'm starting with little goals.  To drink more water.  Less diet Coke.  Be more active.  No, I don't plan on running any marathons, I can barely make it around my block.  But I want to start walking more, even if just a little bit.  So that walking up the stairs doesn't wear me out.  So that walking up the hill from the boat dock during the summer doesn't make me feel like I'm going to die.  So walking around the block doesn't seem like such a taunting a task.

Me:  I have ADD.  I think I've pretty much had it my whole life, but it's getting worse the older I get.  I am working on ways to compensate for it.  I need to work harder on it.  I need to finish the things I start.  I need to make time for the things that are important, like writing, and prospecting for real estate.  I need to work on being more organized.

Wow!  That's A LOT of goals.  I might not make them all, but if I don't try, it'll NEVER happen.

No comments: