Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 3: Advice As A Child . . . . .

Day 3: 
  1. What is the one piece of advice your parents gave you that still sticks with you today?
I remember when I was younger.  I came home from school one day and I was pretty upset because some kids were making fun of me.  (Go Figure).  I remember my mom saying to me, "It really bothers me that they said those things to you, but it would bother me more if YOU were saying mean things to THEM."  As young as I was, that's always stuck with me.  And it's something I've tried passing along to MY kids.  Unfortunately, kids, AND adults, like to tease other people.  I think it makes them feel better.  But I try to teach my kids that it's not okay.  Because it's NOT.  And as much as it bothers me when my kids come home from school or the neighborhood upset because of something someone said or did to them, it definitely WOULD bother me more if THEY were the ones saying it.  So I hope it's something they will always remember, and pass along to THEIR children one day. 

No comments: