Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HOME . . .

I haven't written in awhile.  That's because WE ARE HOME!!!!  And I've been loving every minute of it!  The thought of going back, is breaking my heart.  It's funny, because when we first got home I thought it would be easier to go back because we all have friends there now and we know what we're going back to.  But I was wrong.  I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that we have to go back.  I'm sure once we get there, I will be fine, but right now, not so much!

We've had a GREAT time at home.  We've been running practically every single day.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  We've seen a lot of people, and we'll see a lot more before we leave.  I can always sleep on the plane.  After all, it's a 16 hour flight, so I'll have to have something to do, might as well sleep. 

Christmas was great.  The boys got portable DVD players from Santa, and Sarah Beth got a Dora big wheel.  She was a lot of fun at Christmas this year.  A big change from last year when she didn't really know what was going on.  This year, she knew.  She keeps wanting to open presents.  Christmas morning Ryan asked her if she wanted to see what Santa Claus brought her, and she said, "Santa Claus bring me presents!".  So she knew.  And she loves her "bike" as she calls it.  We're not taking it back to China with us because her feet still don't reach the pedals.  (Plus, we don't exactly have room in our suitcases).  But by the time we come home next summer, she should be the perfect height. 

Andrew got a lot of Ben 10 stuff for Christmas, including a backpack, lunchbox, t-shirt, pajamas, and action figures.  Jason got an Origami set, some books, a journal, and some sketch pads and pencils.  They both also got some clothes, and some Legos.  Sarah got 2 tea sets, and she loves them both.  She got a new baby doll with a stroller, which is already packed in the suitcase to take back to China, a Dora doll and Kai-Lan doll.  She also got a lot of Dora coloring books, some clothes, socks and hairbows, and a Dora play set.  Needless to say, my kids are a little spoiled!

Being home for Christmas was GREAT!  I'm so glad we were able to come home.  It was definitely worth the 2 16 hour flights that we'll have to put up with. 

I'll post more after we get home and let you know how everyone did on the flight.  After the scare on Christmas Day, I'm sure security is going to be a lot tighter going back.  But as long as that keeps us safe, I'm okay with that!

No comments: