Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SCHOOL . . .

The boys seem to be enjoying their new school, although they both miss their friends at home. I keep telling them to give it a few days and they'll meet new people, but it's hard because they haven't been in this position since Kindergarten, and neither one of them even remember that! But I'm sure after a few more days they'll start meeting more and more people. Now if we could just figure out a way for ME to meet some people!

One of the boys they met is David. He and his parents live in our building. His mom and I have been walking to school together to pick up the boys. She's very nice. But she's the only person I've met so far. The first PSO meeting is in about 2 weeks, and I've been told I'll meet a lot of new people then. I'm not used to this. It's not like I have a ton of friends at home, but there is always someone for me to see or talk to. Plus, I spend a lot of time with my family too, and I don't have that either. I find I'm getting more homesick now that school has started. All of the things I took for granted at home, that I don't have here. That's going to take some getting used to, and it hasn't happened yet!

Oh well, enough of the pity party for now. We have homework to finish and kids to get to bed.

No comments: