Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU VERY MUCH . . .

Today is my Grandma's birthday.  In case you're new and want to know about her, you can read about her HERE..  I wrote that last year on her birthday.

I can't believe it's been almost 13 years since she left us.  I still think about her almost every day.  My grandma was an AMAZING person.  Some of my best memories are of times spent with her.  She always made me smile.  She always made me feel special and loved.  I used to write about her a lot when I was in high school and college.  (One day I'm going to pull out some of those pieces and post them on here just so I'll have a record of them).  

I loved her so much, and I know she loved me.  I NEVER doubted that.  I may have doubted a lot of things in my life, but her love for me was never one of those things.  She had a quiet and gentle way of letting you know you were loved.  She was never critical or harsh in any way.  My mom tells me I'm a lot like her, and that's the best compliment I've ever received.  

My grandma was an AMAZING person, and I can only hope to one day be the kind of person she was.  She taught me so many things.  She taught me to love and respect people for who they are.  She taught me that it's okay to tell a "little white lie" if it makes someone feel better.  She taught me that family is so important and sometimes we have to make concessions for them.  She taught me that just because someone isn't perfect or isn't what we want them to be, that doesn't make them any less special.  She taught me how to be the kind of person my kids and future grand kids can hopefully be proud of one day.  She taught me to love unconditionally.

They truly broke the mold when they made her, and I know there will never be another one like her.  And that's okay.  Because she was SO special, and that kind of specialness only comes around once.  I'm just so glad, and feel so privileged to have had her in my life.  I know I'm special because of her.  I know my life is different because of her.  I know I was lucky to have had her in my life.  I know I'm a good person, because she told me so.  And I know that she will always be my guardian angel and my special butterfly.

Thank you Grandma for loving me, for me.  Thanks for not expecting me to change.  Thanks for letting me know that I'm special.  I will ALWAYS love you, and I will NEVER forget you.

No comments: