Monday, September 28, 2009

SHOPPING EXTRAVAGANZA . . .

Yesterday we went to pick up our Resident Visas.  We are now official residents of Pudong.  At least until 7/31/10!  After we picked them up we went to lunch at a German restaurant.  It was pretty good, but it was also very expensive.  Needless to say we won't be going back there!

After that we went to the train station.  Underground is where they have all of the great shopping.  It's amazing the number of stores they have there.  We were only there for about 20 minutes.  We had the kids with us and it was just too much to try to check it all out with them in tow.  We did buy a few things however.  The kids got a new Wii game, which doesn't work.  However, someone told us we can take the Wii somewhere by our apartment and they can fix it so that it will work with our games from home as well as the ones we buy from here.  So I guess we'll figure out how that works later.  I also bought some dress shoes for Sarah Beth.  The ones I brought with us, she's already outgrown!  So I had to get her a new pair.  She can only wear her Crocs and tennis shoes with so many things!  I also bought her a traditional Chinese dress.  It's very pretty.  I'll take a picture of it and post it so you can see it.  


That's all we got though.  It's no fun to go there with Ryan and the kids.  The next time I go I'm going with a friend of mine.  I can't wait to go back.  I'll try to remember to take my camera the next time so you can see all of the stores.  It's unbelievable the number of stores they have there.  And they sell EVERYTHING!  Clothes, shoes, DVD's, CD's, games, cameras, purses.  You name it, they probably sell it!  Did I mention that I can't wait to go back!!!

No comments: