Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BATHROOMS . . .

I know I haven't posted much lately.  We've just been really busy, and I haven't been very motivated.  I still need to post pictures from Hong Kong, which I plan to do sometime this week.  (We took about 500 pictures.  Don't worry, I'm not going to post all 500)!   

I've told you how things are very different here.  The crowds are crazy.  The number of people is unbelievable!  Picture the week before Christmas.  At the mall.  Then multiply that times 10.  And that would SO not be an exaggeration!  There are people EVERYWHERE!!!!  We haven't even started our Christmas shopping for the kids yet.  Which means when we come home we'll have to brave Toys R Us and The Mall.  And you know what?  I'm not even sweatin' it.  After the crowds we've been dealing with for the past 4 months, Kentucky is going to seem barren!  And I will enjoy every minute of it!

But the biggest challenge has been the bathrooms.  The bathrooms here are gross.  And most of them don't have seats.  That's right, I said THEY DON'T HAVE SEATS!!  That means, you are supposed to stand over a hole, hold on to the wall, and pray that you don't pee on your leg.  (Nice visual huh)?!?!  And forget about toilet paper.  If you don't bring it with you, you're SOL.  Lucky for me, I've learned to hold it, believe it or not, so I've only had to use one of those toilets 1 time.  Every other time I've held out until I found a "real" bathroom.  And I carry Kleenex and wipes with me everywhere I go.  (If there's no toilet paper, do you really think there's going to be a sink)?!  Sometimes you have to pay to use the bathroom.  That's right, I said PAY!  It's only 1RMB which is like 15 cents US.  But still.  To have to pay to use the bathroom?  So not fun!

Oh, the joys of living abroad!  But we're learning so much right?  And we're experiencing new things, right?  And we're meeting new people, right?  So what if you have to pee in a hole!

No comments: