Saturday, June 12, 2010

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS . . .

The countdown begins . . .

49 days from now I will be back home.

I will be sleeping in my own bed. 

49 days from now I will get to see my family whenever and wherever I want to see them.

I will be able to go to lunch with Mom, O'Connell's with Dad, and see Scott, when he's not too busy for me!

49 days from now I will be able to text and call my friends that I’ve missed so much this past year.

I will be able to access Facebook without a VPN, cursing the computer because it’s taking too long to load.

49 days from now I will be able to walk out my door and understand everyone that I come in contact with.

I will be able to speak English to the person at the grocery, on the street, at the gas station.

49 days from now I will have my own car and will not have to rely on taxis.

I will be able to DRIVE my own car.  Everyday.  Anywhere I want to go.

49 days from now I will be able to go to Sonic and get a real diet Coke with the best ice ever. 

I will be able to get a REAL diet Coke period!  And have ice in my drink, no matter where I go.

49 days from now I will be able to go to a public bathroom and KNOW that I’ll get to sit down to pee!  (TMI)?!

I will be able to go to a public bathroom and not have to worry about bringing my own toilet paper.  (Again, TMI)?!

The countdown begins . . . 

49 days from now I will be leaving all my new friends behind.

I will be leaving the lunches, and the school, and the caffes, and the walks around town.

49 days from now I will be leaving my new adventure behind.

I won't be able to walk out the door wondering what new things I'm going to experience today.

49 days from now I'll be leaving my Ayi behind.

I will have to start doing the laundry again!

49 days from now I will be leaving MANY things behind.

No more Underground, YuYuan, Wet Market or Las Tapas.

49 days from now I will leave China behind.  

I’ll leave Shanghai, and Xi’an, and Beijing, and Hong Kong.

49 days from now, I’ll only have pictures to remind me of the past year.

I'll only have pictures to remind me of what a wonderful year it's been. 

The countdown begins . . .

No comments: