Sunday, March 28, 2010

THANKS MOM AND DAD!!!!

Well, so much for writing more often! I just haven't been motivated to write a lot lately. But the boys have been doing some writing for school, so I'm going to start posting some of their pieces. Some of them are very interesting!

Anyway, some of you know that Ryan was in the States last week. He had to go back to the Louisville office to get some things done. I, of course, didn't get to go with him! BUT, my wonderful parents put together 2 big boxes of goodies that he was able to bring back with him. And let me just tell you, they really know how to pack those boxes! One weighed 18 pounds, and the other one weighed 22 pounds. Plus, Ryan had some things in his suitcase as well, since I sent him with a bigger suitcase than what he needed. So we got Girl Scout Cookies, oatmeal, fruit chews, Ritz crackers, Splenda, Velveeta cheese, brownie and cake mixes, Easter baskets (actually bags) for the kids, kool-aid and tea, candy, coffee and creamer, Chex Mix, Combos, Jif peanut butter, and I think that's it. Needless to say, the kids were thrilled! There are a lot of things over here that are either very expensive, like Jif and cake mixes, (think $5-$6 US for 1 cake mix), or you just can't get them at all, like Velveeta cheese and Ritz Crackers. And of course, Girl Scout Cookies!

So thanks Mom and Dad. We love you!

No comments: